Continuing Medical Education (CME) will be available to 2018 attendees. Sign up for updates to learn more.
Who Can Get Accredited:
Physicians, cardiologists, oncologists, epidemiologists, preventionists, surgeons, residents, fellows, hospitalists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and allied health professionals.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate best practices based in science and innovations that may contribute to professional practice and to positive patient outcomes.
- Apply recent advances in clinical medicine and related sciences in light of supporting evidence.
- Review best practices and suggestions for emergency preparedness.
- Use appropriate techniques to reduce the opportunity for patient and healthcare worker exposure to potentially infectious material in all healthcare settings.
- Analyze new and ongoing clinical research advances through late-breaking science and ongoing clinical trials sessions.
- Identify how predictive analytics, through the use of big data, can positively affect healthcare.
- Implement non-patient-based learning opportunities, practices and policies that enable surgeons in practice to update their surgical skills.
- Identify the advantages and potential barriers the Affordable Care Act will have on healthcare practices.
- Provide appropriate care and counsel for patients and their families
New therapeutic modalities, new diagnostic and screening paradigms, innovative approaches to drug development and drug delivery, and evidenced-based preventive and preparedness strategies all require a well-informed front line of expert caregivers. Medical World Americas will provide clinicians with information that will impact policy, procedure and patient care. Participants will be presented with the latest updates in cardiology, oncology, healthcare associated infections, hospital occupational health & safety, and hospital disaster preparedness.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of Postgraduate Institute for Medicine, Messe Düsseldorf North America and Great Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau. The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 13 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This educational activity for 13 contact hours is provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest:
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to PIM policy. The existence or absence of COI for everyone in a position to control content will be disclosed to participants prior to the start of each activity.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Event staff can assist you with any special needs (i.e., physical, dietary, etc). Please contact Jennifer Hoff prior to the live event at 703-395-2613.