There are many hotels conveniently located near the George R Brown Convention Center. Please check visithoustontexas.com/hotels for options.
Houston’s Airport System is the fourth largest in the U.S. and is served by two major airports, Bush Intercontinental (IAH), located 20 miles north of downtown, and William P. Hobby (HOU), located about 11 miles south of downtown.
Getting To/From The Airport To Downtown
- Bush Intercontinental – Located outside of baggage claim.
- Hobby – Located in Curb Zone 3 outside of the baggage claim area.
- All destinations within Houston’s city limits to/from both airports are charged according to the flat Zone Rate or the meter rate, whichever is LESS. Drivers must accept all major credit cards.
- Average Zone Rate to Downtown: Bush Intercontinental – $53, Hobby – $26
- Additional departure fee: Bush Intercontinental – $2.75, Hobby – $1.25
METRO offers local bus service from Bush Intercontinental and Hobby airport. For compete information or to plan your trip, visit ridemetro.org.
- From Bush Intercontinental Airport: Route 102 – Bush IAH
Service operates Monday through Sunday from Terminal C to downtown.
- From Hobby Airport: Route 88 – Hobby Airport
Service operates Monday through Saturday from Hobby Airport Transit Center to downtown.
The nearest parking garages are:
Hilton Americas Self Park Lot ($22/day)
1710 Polk Street
Houston, Tx 77010
Convention District Garage ($12/day)
1001 Avenida de las Americas
Houston Texas 77010
(under Discovery Green)
Note: Due to construction, the street is currently one-way from North to South.
ALERT: Due to construction, the street in front of the convention center is one lane and one way. We recommend telling cab drivers to drop you at the Hilton Americas. Once there, walk across the street to enter the convention center on the first floor or go to the second floor of the Hilton and walk across the sky-bridge. Please allow at least 30 minutes upon arrival to pick up your credentials and find your meeting room.
METRO is committed to a public transportation system that everyone can use. All of METRO’s fixed-route buses are accessible, and the METRORail light-rail system features accessible rail stations and railcars. Information about METRO’s bus & rail services can be found at ridemetro.org or by calling 713-635-4000. Attendees who need paratransit service instead of accessible fixed-route service should contact 713-750-4241 or MA02@ridemetro.org.
For International visitors – MWA will only issue a letter of invitation with the purchase of a paid full conference registration. If you are not granted a visa, we will refund your money – minus a $50 administrative fee. We will not issue letters of invitation for expo-only visitors.