October 8, 2013
CONTACT: Christian Piencka, Director of Marketing
Phone: 619.298.1445 x 102
Momentum for MEDICAL WORLD AMERICAS continues to grow
Houston, Texas – MEDICAL WORLD AMERICAS has begun to reveal its extensive list of distinguished speakers for its 2014 conference, while also boasting rapid sales for space on the expo floor. These recent announcements reflect the growing momentum of World of MEDICA’s first North American event, showing early signs that it will be the premier interdisciplinary conference and expo of its kind.
Philip F. Jacobus, President of DotMed.com––the world’s leading public platform for buying and selling medical equipment, parts and services––predicts that this may become the medical event to be at in North America, adding “If a health care provider is only able to attend one show a year, this might be the show.”
Realizing the opportunity for unmatched reach, medical device and solutions providers have been eager to secure exhibit space. In the opening months of sales, registrations flowed in from leading suppliers from the U.S., Canada, Brazil, Japan, Italy, Belgium and Germany, including companies ranging from Emergo Group and Detecto, to Medical Illumination International and Separation Technology Products/Thermo Fisher Scientific, to name a few. Sales at this pace are unprecedented for an event launch, solidifying MEDICAL WORLD AMERICAS’ position as the new must-attend event in health care.
The robust conference program will explore the latest issues surrounding five targeted tracks: Oncology, Cardiology, Healthcare-Associated Infection, Hospital Occupational Health & Safety, and Hospital Disaster Preparedness. “The MEDICAL WORLD AMERICAS conference will truly be a multi-disciplinary, holistic exchange of ideas across the entire spectrum of life sciences,” Executive Advisory Committee Chair and President and CEO of Texas Medical Center, Robert C. Robbins, M.D. explains. “By bringing doctors, students, nurses and hospital administrators together with major medical device companies of all sizes, they can share ideas about the latest technologies from IT solutions and drug therapies to imaging and preventative strategies.”
Early speaking commitments have been received from more than 30 thought-leaders across the country, including:
- Herbert L. DuPont, M.D., Clinical Professor of Medicine, Vice Chair, Department of Medicine, Chief of Medicine, St. Luke’s Texas Medical Center
- Ernest Hawk, M.D., M.P.H., Vice President and Division Head, Division of Cancer Prevention & Population Sciences, Boone Pickens Distinguished Chair for Early Prevention of Cancer, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Joseph C. Wu, M.D., Ph.D., Director, Stanford Cardiovascular Institute & Professor, Dept. of Medicine & Radiology, Stanford University
- Stuart H. Cohen, M.D., Director of Hospital Epidemiology and Infection Control, Professor, UC Davis
- Christopher B. Colwell, M.D., Director of Service, Department of Emergency Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center
- Bela Patel, M.D., Assistant Dean of Healthcare Quality and Director of Critical Care Medicine, UT Health, Assistant CMO, Memorial Hermann
A video overview of the event is available at http://medicalworldamericas.com/about-medical-world-americas/. It provides viewers with a comprehensive overview of the event via interviews with:
- Annise Parker, Mayor of the City of Houston
- Robert C. Robbins, M.D., Texas Medical Center President and CEO
- Greg Ortale, President and CEO of the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau
Sign-up to receive updates regarding MEDICAL WORLD AMERICAS on the event website: www.medicalworldamericas.com.
MEDICAL WORLD AMERICAS is produced in partnership between the Greater Houston Convention and Visitor Bureau (GHCVB) and Messe Dusseldorf North America (MDNA), U.S. subsidiary of one of the world’s leading organizers of international trade shows and in a unique collaboration with Texas Medical Center, the world largest medical complex. Additional event details are available on the event website, www.MedicalWorldAmericas.com, through social media channels and the industry press. Interested participants are encouraged to mark their calendars, visit the website and sign‐up to receive show updates.