TMC Poster Session
Date/time TBD (exhibit hall)
The TMC invites students to display posters of their research and findings in the areas that support the conference theme.
The Texas Medical Center Texas Pitch Event
Date/time TBD (exhibit hall)
The Texas Medical Center will invite the TMCx and other Texas Accelerators to pitch their company to a panel of judges for cash prizes. Each company will have representatives on hand so MWA attendees can learn more about the products they are developing that address today’s most pressing medical needs.
TMC Student Networking Reception
Thursday, May 19, 4:30 PM – 7:00 PM (exhibit hall)
The Texas Medical Center will sponsor a networking reception for medical students to network with industry professionals.
Medical World Americas Job Fair
Thursday, May 19, 11:30 AM – 4:30 PM (exhibit hall)
Hiring managers from many medical institutions will be on hand to interview for open jobs.
HOUSTON, TX – September 11, 2014 – At the upcoming second annual Medical World Americas (MWA) conference and expo, April 27-29, 2015 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, clinicians and health care administrative professionals from the public and private sectors and the world of academia will join together to explore the promise of the future of medicine. Launched last year as a unique collaboration between Texas Medical Center, Houston First Corporation, the organizers of MEDICA in Germany, and the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau (GHCVB), MWA is implementing a series of strategic moves to accelerate the development of the conference, support collaboration of diverse health care professionals and provide significant ROI for exhibitors and attendees alike.
Monday, April 28, 8 AM – 6 PM
Room: 360A – D
Have a glimpse into the future in the MEDICAL WORLD AMERICAS Launch Health Lounge, where up-and-coming healthcare technologies currently being developed by local Houston innovators are on full display. Enjoy refreshments, relax and recharge, surrounded by the entrepreneurial energy of the world’s largest medical center. Find out about wearable tech, healthcare software and apps, telehealth, emergency decision-making solutions, and other exciting next-gen technologies that will improve patient care.
Here’s a sampling of the innovative technologies you’ll learn about in the Launch Health Lounge:
- Technology for real-time rapid detection of internal bleeding complications
- A HIPAA-compliant audio/video streaming solution for healthcare environments, using Google Glass to deliver “telehealthcare”
- Software that optimizes the referral process, allowing care providers to easily collaborate and coordinate care online
- A platform and apps that collect, manage and process high-resolution physiological data from all monitored critical care beds in a hospital
- Ultra-miniature, frictionless, and cloud-connected wearable health monitoring technology such as a concussion-monitoring headband for soccer players
- A device that guides critical fluid resuscitation for severe burn patients
- A cloud-based cancer treatment application that compiles patient health data from medical history, diagnostic tests, treatment options, survivorship resources and health provider interactions
- A clinical decision support solution supplying immediate, actionable information for care providers in trauma centers and intensive care units
- 3-D cell/tissue culture technology for proof-of-concept investigations in new drug development
A World of Connections
Attendee registration for MEDICAL WORLD AMERICAS continues to grow with attendees from across the healthcare spectrum.
- Executive management: 30.66%
- Physician/clinician/line-of-care: 23.84%
- Procurement and administration: 8.52%
- States Represented: 31
- Countries Represented: 26
- International attendees: 18.26 %
Download a sampling of registrants to-date and make sure to register and join your peers at this groundbreaking event.
Houston’s own Dr. Denton Cooley has been named the most innovative surgeon alive.
Healthcare-Administration-Degree.net profiled 20 groundbreaking surgeons from around the globe, emphasizing their educational backgrounds and accomplishments in the medical field. Cooley, arguably the world’s most famous cardiovascular surgeon, was placed at No. 1 on the prestigious list that included many medical pioneers.
Cooley is best known for performing the first successful human heart transplant in the United States, as well as the first total artificial heart transplant in the world.
He also founded and is the chair of the Texas Heart Institute, currently serves as a cardiovascular surgery consultant forTexas Children’s Hospital, teaches at the University of Texas Health Science Center, and is the cardiovascular surgery chair at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital.
Click here to read the full article.